Your gift to Grace Hospital Foundation directly supports patient care enhancements that would not otherwise be funded by the government and helps assure that every patient who come to the Grace has access to the best care possible.
Your support will provide our staff with a “Wellness Room”. This $300,000 project will create a large space that will include a yoga/meditation zone, a relaxation retreat featuring massage chairs, a comfortable zone for socialization and several personal pods where staff can rest in tranquility. Pet therapy and other therapeutic interventions will also occur in this special space.
In response to the global pandemic crisis, we established the COVID-19 Fund. The fund is used to provide free bedside TV, internet, phone service, and iPads for all patients. The fund is also used to support staff needs including meals and free coffee days. This pandemic continues to affect our community and the world. Donations are still required so that we can be prepared for future developments or needs for resources.
Your support provides $250,000 each year for special medical equipment purchases including bladder scanners, wheelchairs, specialized beds, and many other critical items for patients.
Your support provides $10,000 each year for research projects conducted on-site at Grace Hospital.
Your support provides $20,000 each year for programs to enhance patient care such as Music Therapy and Art at the Bedside through Artists in Healthcare Manitoba. Your gift also supports many comfort care programs through our Volunteer Resources department such as teas for Grace Hospice residents, birdfeeders, and the Patient Book Cart.
- $3 million to renovate and expand the Diagnostic Imaging Department
- $250,000 to add Echocardiogram services
- $650,000 to support staff resources and patient care needs during the COVID-19 pandemic
- $6 million to build a new Emergency department and MRI Suite
- $2.5 million to build Grace Hospice
- $1 million to purchase a CT Scanner
- $1 million to upgrade the General Surgery and Urology Surgery operating room suites
- $700,000 to build a clinical simulation teaching lab
- $200,000 for a Voicera staff communication system
- $150,000 to provide free WI-FI for patients and visitors
All of these initiatives have a positive, tangible impact on the care provided at the Grace. We need your support today to provide quality care and exemplary service to those who need us. Your gift makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families every day.