About the Grace Hospital Foundation
Established in 1990, Grace Hospital Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing patient care at the Grace Hospital through the funding of vital equipment and programs.
Foundation staff are committed to enriching and enhancing patient care through our ongoing fundraising efforts. We work very closely with the Grace Hospital management team, physicians, and staff to ensure patients receive the best care possible, and to identify and prioritize the types of equipment, technology, and research programs that will be required in the future. Together, we discuss which items would have the biggest impact on patients and their recovery (both physically and emotionally) in order to improve patient outcomes, and we call upon our donors to help fund those needs.
Caring | Compassion | Community
Grace Hospital is and has been a place where many of life’s most important moments take place. The Grace Hospital plays an integral role in the delivery of health care services in Winnipeg, and has done so since 1904. We are currently one of three acute care sites in the city, providing full services in our Emergency Department, in critical care, as well as providing a full complement of acute care services.
The Grace is a 251–bed facility that offers a full spectrum of health care services, including:
– Emergency We provide emergency medicine 24/7 in our state of the art 35,000 square foot Emergency Department.
– Critical Care Our 10-bed Intensive Care Unit provides around the clock care for critically ill patients.
– Surgery Over 11,000 surgical procedures are conducted at the Grace each year, including hip and knee replacement surgery, urologic surgery and general surgery. We are an orthopedic trauma surgery centre, as well as an Acute Care Surgical Services site, conducting both types of these surgical procedures 24 hours a day.
– Medicine A teaching site, our program is affiliated with the University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine and provides care in three separate in-patient units.
– Other Services The Grace is equipped with a full spectrum of support services on site, including: intensive care, surgery, occupational therapy, internal medicine, physiotherapy, respiratory therapy, social work services, diagnostic imaging, Indigenous health services, clinical nutrition services, cancer care, lab, educational resources, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, pharmacy, spiritual care, cancer care, and much more.
By The Numbers (Annually)
The Grace Health Campus completes:
- 11,000 Surgical Procedures
- 45,000 Emergency Department Visits
- 6,500 Inpatient Admissions
- 25,000 Clinic Visits
- 4,100 Primary Care Visits
- 900,000 Home Care Visits in St. James-Assiniboia and Assiniboine South
- 17,500 Access Winnipeg West Walk-In Clinic Visits
- 17,500 Primary Care Clinic Visits
The Diagnostic Imaging Department completes:
- 17,000 CT Scans
- 7,000 MRI Scans
- 36,000 X-Rays
- 11,000 Ultrasound Appointments
- 1,500 Flouroscopy Appointments
- 2,750 Nuclear Medicine Appointments
“At the Grace Hospital, we see the person first and understand that each person’s health care needs are unique and special. We provide all care with hope, healing, and compassion.”
~Kellie O’Rourke, Chief Operating Officer, Grace Health Campus, including Grace Hospital
Why The Grace Needs Your Support & Donations
Donations to the Grace Hospital Foundation directly support patient-related enhancements that would not otherwise be provided by the government, and helps guarantee every patient at the Grace has access to the best care possible.
The generosity of donors from Winnipeg and throughout Manitoba provides funds for several projects focused on increasing the quality of comfort and care received by patients, expanding the array of services the hospital is able to provide, and ensuring the Grace will be well equipped for our growing role in the health care system.
We need your support today to:
– Ensure our doctors, nurses, and other medical staff are working with up-to-date medical equipment;
– Ensure our facility has financial support to conduct health-care research projects, training and skill development;
– And, so we are able to offer patient support programs such as Music Therapy, and Art at the Bedside and Hospice Tea and Bird Feeders.
All of these initiatives have a positive, tangible impact on the care provided at The Grace.
We need your support today to provide continued quality care and exemplary service to those who need us. With your generous donation, you are joining a community of supporters who are making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families every day.